Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Monday Night Pondering

Oh mercy, I hate being stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I need to work so we have benefits but I do not like my work because it doesn't do anything to make the world a better place. Sigh. So I do my best to encourage my co workers and try to be a positive influence on them. I also try to give my customers a positive attitude.

What bothers me the lost about my work is that it is so much emphasis is put on selling and not enough on customer wants. I work in a large corporate bank. Most customers I encounter simply want to complete their transactions in an efficient manner, but I have to try and "sell" debit cards plus a variety of other banking services.
Trying to "sell"  services a customer doesn't want does not make the world a better place, nor does it make for a positive experience for the customer. I wish there was an opt out service, like the do not call list, for banking services.

I don't know what happens if we do not meet our sales goals. They probably send you to classes or something. I can sell what i believe in.  I don't believe most of our products make banking better for the customer. Some services do. But do credit cards make life better? no, but they make the bank money.

No comments:

Post a Comment